This Policy is developed in compliance with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and various other Federal and State laws relating to Consumer Privacy Protection. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some, but not all, information sharing. To comply with Federal and State laws, this Policy will outline the following information regarding privacy:
- How Clear Mortgage Collects Personal Information
- The Types of Information Clear Mortgage Collects
- How Clear Mortgage Collects Your Information
- To What Extent Clear Mortgage Shares Your Information
- The Steps Clear Mortgage Takes to Protect Your Information
Clear Mortgage utilizes various terms in this Policy. To fully understand, please take a moment to review the following key terms:
- "We", "Our", and "Us", when used in this Policy, means Clear Mortgage.
- "You" and "Your", when used in this Policy, means our consumers.
- "Customer", “Consumer”, or “Client” will be used interchangeably and refers to an individual who may or may not establish a customer relationship with Clear Mortgage, but has a direct interest in obtaining a mortgage loan with Clear Mortgage and uses Clear Mortgage’s services. This can be potential, current, or former consumers.
- “Continuing Customer Relationship” means a consumer who obtains a mortgage loan through Clear Mortgage.
- "Affiliate" means any person or entity that is controlled by or is under common control of Clear Mortgage.
- "Non-Affiliated Third Party" means any person or entity that is not related by common ownership or control but is affiliated with Clear Mortgage through their provided services and receives, maintains, processes, or otherwise is permitted access to consumers’ information through its agreed provision with Clear Mortgage (e.g., direct marketing companies, insurance companies, collection agencies, Appraisal &; Management Company…).
- “Agent” means a person carrying out responsibilities or services upon your request, and on your behalf.
- "Nonpublic Personal Information" or “NPI” means any personally identifiable financial information that you provide to us to obtain a financial product or service. This type of information does not include information that is available from a public source, such as a telephone book or government records.
- “Industry Professionals” means an agent with knowledge in the financial industry, who are most commonly known as brokers when acting on behalf of the consumer.
- “Industry Professional Portal” means a specified website and database owned by Clear Mortgage for its employees and non-affiliated industry professionals acting on your behalf to apply for one of Clear Mortgage’s products or services.
- “Opt-Out” indicates a choice you can make to prevent certain sharing of information. We will explain how you can exercise this choice for different types of platforms.
- “Collect”, “Use”, or “Share” refer to the act that Clear Mortgage collects and uses your personal information, this excludes selling or renting consumers’ information.
- How & When Clear Mortgage Collects Your Information
- We collect information from you when: (1) you fill out the necessary forms to process a transaction with us, (2) you register on our Consumer Site for an application, (3) you reach out to us via the “Contact Us” section of our website (https://clearmortgage.com/contact-us), (4) an agent submits your information to us using one of Clear Mortgage’s secure, encrypted web portals; and (5) we obtain your information securely via entities like credit reporting bureaus or the IRS.
Types of Information Collected by Clear Mortgage
When contacting us on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and/or telephone number. Depending on the product(s)/service(s) being provided by us directly to you or through any agent(s) acting on your behalf, Clear Mortgage may request the following information from you or a non-affiliated third-party to help provide that product or service:
Information we receive from you on applications or other forms:
- Social Security number and Income
- Employment History
- Credit History and Payment History
- Credit Scores and Assets
Information about your transactions with us; and
Information from a consumer reporting agency.
We restrict access to consumers’ NPI to those employees who need to know that information to provide services or products to consumers. We continue to use, store, and share the information obtained in accordance with this Policy as required by various Federal and State laws even after your transaction is complete.
Use of Information Obtained by Clear Mortgage
Clear Mortgage stresses the importance of consumer privacy. However, all financial companies need to share consumers’ personal information to run effectively. Nothing in this policy prohibits the sharing of information necessary for us to follow the law, as permitted by law, or to give you the best service on your accounts with us. To the extent that Clear Mortgage is authorized to have access to your personal information, Clear Mortgage may use the information in the following ways and for the following reasons:
Personalize Your Experience
Clear Mortgage may utilize your contact information to reach you regarding questions or concerns pertaining to your experience with Clear Mortgage, which may or may not include the use of surveys.
Everyday Business Purposes (Processing Transactions)
We may use the information to process your transactions, maintain your accounts, comply with legal requirements, respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus. Although Clear Mortgage would like to limit the sharing of your information when possible, we will have to share such information in the normal course of business, which includes but is not limited to: (a) future investors, (b) reporting agencies, (c) third-party servicing agents, (d) non-affiliated compliance firms, (e) non-affiliated legal firms, and (f) non-affiliated third party companies.
Within the limitations of Federal and State advertising laws, Clear Mortgage may utilize marketing services for its own purposes. Moreover, the email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you important disclosures and other information and updates pertaining to your transaction, in addition to receiving the occasional Company’s news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Reasons We Can Share Your Personal Information and What You Can Limit
For informative purposes, as required by Federal Law, you have the right to limit: (a) the sharing of any information to non-affiliated third parties for their own purposes to market to you; (b) the sharing of information pertaining to your creditworthiness to affiliates for their own everyday business purposes; or (c) affiliates and non-affiliates from using your information to market to you.
Be aware that you cannot limit the sharing of information pertaining to your transactions and experience with Clear Mortgage to affiliates for their own everyday business purposes. Currently, Clear Mortgage does not have any affiliated business arrangements and, as such, does not share your information with any affiliated parties.
Visitors to Clear Mortgage’s Website and Communication from Clear Mortgage
Visitors to our corporate websites remain anonymous unless they register for a service or otherwise elect to disclose their identity to us. Although we do not collect personally identifying information about persons who simply visit our site, we do collect certain limited information about visitors, such as their IP addresses (a numeric address assigned automatically to computers when they access the Internet).
When you submit your information and/or create a profile on our site to process a mortgage loan, notifications and updates will be generated throughout the loan processes; in addition, any emails and communications between you and our Mortgage Loan Originators will also be archived for compliance reasons.
Clear Mortgage’s Use of “Cookies”
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information submitted to our websites is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology only to be accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential. Moreover, Clear Mortgage is Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliant in processing all credit card payment transactions.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will be kept on file for up to 7 years depending upon Federal and State laws that impose a duty on financial institutions, like us, to store information for specified periods. Clear Mortgage takes measures to protect your private information with respect to current, former employees, and any applicable non-affiliated third parties by implementing policies that provide for the management and oversight of protecting personal information. Clear Mortgage does not allow former employees to have access to your personal information. Current employees’ access to Clear Mortgage’s information system is limited, when possible, to what is necessary to complete their day-to-day responsibilities.
What can you do to protect your information?
A well-chosen password is the first step in ensuring the security of your computer, accounts, and personal information. We recommend that you perform a periodic review of your accounts and update your passwords to protect your files and personal information. The best type of passwords involves a combination of upper- and lower-case letters, as well as special characters and numbers.
Taking safety precautions is one of the most important things you can do to protect your confidential information from being compromised and further protect against identity theft. Clear Mortgage does not have any control over associated links, websites, or apps that impersonate the company’s identity and is not responsible for their security, privacy policies, and/or practices. When linking to another website or app, you should exercise caution and know who you are disclosing information to. Please report any impostor profiles, websites, or impersonations immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org so we could take timely actions to prevent prolonged damage. Please contact the Federal Trade Commission and the credit reporting agencies directly if you suspect that you’ve been a victim of identity theft.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Consumers’ testimonials are collected through various survey pages such as Facebook, Yelp, Zillow, and SocialSurvey; with your consent, Clear Mortgage may publish your testimonials along with your name and experience with Clear Mortgage on our corporate’s websites for marketing and branding purposes. If you would like to update or delete your testimonials, please contact us at email@example.com.
Federal and State Privacy Laws and Regulations Compliance
Clear Mortgage is committed to adhere and comply with all Federal and State law requirements regarding consumers’ privacy information protection. Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“CalOPPA”). We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. California consumers may opt-out of any such disclosures at any time by either:
Calling this toll-free number: 801-299-1770; or
Contacting Clear Mortgage through the following website: clearmortgage.com
Clear Mortgage is also in compliance with the requirements of Children’s Online Privacy
Protection Act Compliance (“COPPA”), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older
According to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, beginning January 1, 2020, California consumers will have the right to request categories and/or specific pieces of personal information that Clear Mortgage collects about the consumer, the categories of sources from which that information is collected, the business purposes for collecting or selling the information, and the categories of third parties with which the information is shared. Consumers who are under the age of 16 also must affirmatively opt-in in order to allow their personal information to be shared.
If Clear Mortgage does not hear from you or you have not chosen to opt-out of information sharing, we may share some of your information with affiliated third parties and other companies with whom we have contracts to provide products and services (i.e. non-affiliated third parties or service providers).ii
Powerered by City First Mortgage Services, L.L.C.
750 South Main Street Suite 104
Bountiful, UT 84010